New Experience

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sunsetting

Hello All,

Here are some numbers for you:
Days till graduation: 33
Days left in STL: 38
Days of classes left: 23
MWF classes left: 12
T/TH classes left: 8
Weekends left: 3 (minus thanksgiving)

The sun is setting on this great adventure. Time has ticked by with great amplitude. Four and a half years has left its impression. Half a decade is approaching for my first graduation. It is a crazy thought when you think about it. Where did everything go?  Where did all that free time go? Where did almost 200 crt. hours go? It is gone, in the past with all of the great memories.

I keep getting asked, are you nervous? I am not nervous, I am not scared, I am more then ready to move on to the next chapter. I am however in a strange position of emotions. I know I will miss this place, I know I will miss all of the people, memories, and the city. I know this to be fact, but I also know that I can't stay here any longer, otherwise I will never get to experience what God has in store for me. I crave the unknown, this is when I feel alive! I breathe under pressure. It adds this excitement that safety and security can't offer me. Going down a path of darkness is a thrill, and it is even more of a thrill when God is leading the way and you simply follow. Will it be easy? I know that it will be the hardest adventure I have ever done in my life, I know that I will struggle, I know that I will fail, I know that I will hate it at time, BUT the best thing in the world: When I am finally at the spot God wants me, it will be the greatest feeling in the world. It will all worth the pain, the failures, the mistakes, everything.

As I have stated before, where I am going in life I don't know. I do know that I will be performing, I will go to the job, I will listen to my heart, and most importantly I will listen to God. Before accepting the Missoula job, if you would have told me a year ago that I would work in MT after graduation, I would have laughed in your face so hard that I would have turned blue. Everyone knows I hate winter, I hate cold, I hate snow, but there is a reason I was put in MT. Let that adventure begin NEXT MONTH!

I will be keeping you all up to date will all of the greatness, hardness, and adventure as this month and every month continues. I will make it one exciting adventure!

Have an amazing month! Remember, to do great in life, to have that exciting adventure, you can't take the easy road.

We will talk about sunsets next time,

Daniel sukup

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read this and read it again and then again and then one more time. This is written very well. I am so excited for you and amazed that God allowed me to raise not one but 2 boys who have graduated from college but more importantly have a strong relationship with God. I am so lucky and thank God daily for that blessing and hope I get to enjoy your journey for many more years to come. Always listen for His voice and follow His path and you'll be just fine. I love you and am so glad God you to me. Mom