New Experience

Monday, December 29, 2014

The job

Hello all,

Well today is offically New Years Eve and the year is over, but a new one is starting!:) be prepared!!

As I am writing this, it is almost 1am, and I had a recent thought a few minutes ago that I have to share. 

While I was walking back from some TAD's hotel room (Tour Actor Director), it hit me stone cold in the face. Either it was this thought or the fact that it is 5 degrees outside. 

In my life, I have experienced many "jobs!" From paid to not paid, and even volunteer, each one has thought me something. How ever (minus volunteering) what ever job I had, it was not satisfying and felt like a job, it was work. 

I even told myself that I NEVER want to have a job that I feel that I am forced to go to work. All of my past work, they were amazing experiences and had great memories, but I felt forced to go and never did I feel like I wanted to go. I think SFSTL was the closest as I got to operate a roller coaster, but other then that, I never wanted to go. 

Well tonight, it really hit me. I new that this line of work, theatre/performing/art/etc., is my field Because I don't feel forced to go to work, I don't feel miserable when I wake up early, and I don't feel bored. 

I wake up with my heart full of love and excitement, I don't frown at a 12 hour day, I want to get there as soon as possible, I want to dive into my material,am and I never feel as if this is work! 

I have found what I told myself, when I was younger, what I wanted in a job!

It has only been day two, we have work for 24 of those hours (with breaks for lunch and dinner) and it blows me away! It does not feel like that at all!! 

What I want to tell people is that you need to find that job, that feels like a passion, where hours don't matter, where love is so abundance that hate can't fit in, where stories of greatness are told and not stories of crap! When you wake up you see a smile, because you are working the best job in the world. 

The first sign to finding this job, is not work think about money first. Your investigation needs to be looking at what your passions are and seeing what work or jobs for that, then your budget can come into play. 

My goal for each and every single one of you, that read this, to go out there in 2015 and find something you love! Wether it be a job or a hobby! Find the passion and drive!! Fill your heart with love! 

Speaking of hobbies, what are some of your hobbies, passions, or interests? Let me know in the comment section! 

Have a great New Years,

Daniel Sukup 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow it is hard to leave a comment,,anyway sounds like things are going well,,,,love the blog,,,have a great day,, love dad